Re: A few Decstation questions.

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > I sent the patch to a web archive so anybody can grab it from there:
> > http://www.infodrom.org/Mail-Archive/misc/2002/0005.html
>
> Ah, I never saw that patch. You better had send it to linux-fbdev-devel.

I'm not sure where I sent it other than to James Simmons and you.
I thought that talking with the developers is more likely to be
successful than dumping it into a mailing list.  Maybe I was wrong.

Should I resend?  If so, what's the hostname part of the list?  vger?

> Your frame buffer type should definitely be FB_TYPE_PACKED_PIXELS, but with a
> monochrome visual.

That's what we had initially as well:

+       fix->type = FB_TYPE_PACKED_PIXELS;
+       fix->visual = FB_VISUAL_MONO10;

But still, two improvements need to be applied to the generic framebuffer
code before the specific mfb8 and pmag-aa code makes sense at all.

> In 2.5.x (at least fbdev BK), there's logo support for that.

I wonder if it will work out of the box... :)

> For 2.4.x, it will be more difficult to get it in. Since MIPS is quite
> out-of-sync with the mainline, I guess it's best to just keep it in the MIPS
> CVS tree (Ralf?). Note that logo support for the HP300 TopCat card, which is
> also monochrome on 8 bpp, is in Linux/m68k CVS only as well, and I don't really
> intend to get that merged.

Oh...

Wouldn't it be useful to have all architecture kernels synced into the
mainline somehow?

Regards,

	Joey

--