Re: qube2 debian remote boot

Yes, i configured NFS ( I hope correct) the log shows:
Jan 21 09:22:55 fourty2 rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
qube:600 for /nfsroot (/nfsroot)
The kernel i use is from the
http://people.debian.org/~pm/mips-cobalt/nfsroot/vmlinux_raq-2800.gz, i
think a special kernel compiled for the cobalt mips machines and tested. I
used the howto from
http://devel.alal.com/pipermail/cobalt-22/2002-July/000298.html. I read the
netbsd howto, but i can not stop the autoboot loader via space key. Do i
have to use a special terminalprogram ? Is it possible that you mail me your
kernel ? Do i have to rename the kernel to vmlinux.gz instead of
vmlinux_raq-2800.gz ? My NFS and DHCP Server is an HP9000/720 with
debian-linux.

Best regards
Michael

"Karsten Merker" <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 06:00:58PM +0100, Michael Klessmann wrote:
> > Now i have the Cable, that is the console output during net boot.
>
> > Decompressing done
> >
> > Executing bootloader kernel...
>
> Looks like the kernel you are trying to boot is either too big, not in the
> correct format or not available by NFS. You need a gzipped ELF kernel
image
> (vmlinux.gz), an uncompressed kernel image does not work. Which image are
> you trying to boot? Something self-compiled? There is also a rather
> stringent size limit on the kernel image (both compressed as well as
> uncompressed). To get a NASRaQ to boot a 2.4 kernel, I have to build a
> really minimal kernel, strip the resulting vmlinux and run gzip -9 on it.
> Including a few more options results in an unbootable image, same happens
> when I do not run strip. The Cobalt systems try to boot their kernel via
> NFS(!), so you need a proper NFS volume available to the Cobalt. Your NFS
> log should show a mount attempt from the Qube. For details regarding the
> boot process, please take a look at the NetBSD/cobalt FAQ at
> http://www.de.netbsd.org/Ports/cobalt/faq.html.
>
> HTH,
> Karsten
> --
> #include <standard_disclaimer>
> Nach Paragraph 28 Abs. 3 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der
Nutzung