Re: qube2 debian remote boot

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 06:00:58PM +0100, Michael Klessmann wrote:
> Now i have the Cable, that is the console output during net boot.

> Decompressing done
>
> Executing bootloader kernel...

Looks like the kernel you are trying to boot is either too big, not in the
correct format or not available by NFS. You need a gzipped ELF kernel image
(vmlinux.gz), an uncompressed kernel image does not work. Which image are
you trying to boot? Something self-compiled? There is also a rather
stringent size limit on the kernel image (both compressed as well as
uncompressed). To get a NASRaQ to boot a 2.4 kernel, I have to build a
really minimal kernel, strip the resulting vmlinux and run gzip -9 on it.
Including a few more options results in an unbootable image, same happens
when I do not run strip. The Cobalt systems try to boot their kernel via
NFS(!), so you need a proper NFS volume available to the Cobalt. Your NFS
log should show a mount attempt from the Qube. For details regarding the
boot process, please take a look at the NetBSD/cobalt FAQ at
http://www.de.netbsd.org/Ports/cobalt/faq.html.

HTH,
Karsten
--