remake back online

Hi,
after a crash somewhere last week remake seems to have eaten its
filesystems. The kernel of that box refused to mount that filesystem
as ext3 because of "Illegal bitmaps" and refused to fall back to ext2
as the journal was present. I used debugfs to delete the journal
and needs_recovery flags and succeeded to mount it (ro). I tried
to fsck the filesystem which fsck refused with "Illegal bitmap blocks"
and the kernel also refused to mount the filesystem read-write. So
i made a backup of the files i could get and reinstalled.

I installed the passwd/shadow groups/gshadow and created the homedir.
Machine is running woody with not much specials. If there is anything
i should get from the backup drop me an email but i am unshure
how much data is actually ok.

Flo
                        Heisenberg may have been here.