Re: nano unusable

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 08:42:08PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> > I have also re-run base config in minicom and re-did all steps including
> > manually editing sources.list - also no problems.
> > The only difference I can see between your setup and mine is that you were
> > using minicom from the beginning. I will retry a full base install using
> > minicom.
>
> I just tried again with minicom - logging in - using nano - No problems.
> It didnt work from base-config on initial boot though. I havent checked
> the TERM var ...

Interesting - when doing the initial install with minicom I also get the
broken behaviour, which seems rather strange to me. Minicom emulates a
vt102 and cu uses the parent's terminal emulation, in my case that of
a KDE "konsole", which emulates an xterm which itself mostly emulates a
vt102.

Regards,
Karsten
--