Re: nano unusable

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 06:37:09PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> did anyone notice that after the first reboot into the fresh
> installation and "editing source list by hand" nano is basically
> unusable ?
>
> I tried on a Decstation /150 and you can't use nano - It seems
> the terminal emulation seems to be broken. I was running
> on serial console and using minicom.

I have experienced no problems before, so I have tested this now again (also
on a /150), using cu for the installation itself (as recommended in the
installation manual) and then, after base-config was complete, logged in on
serial console via minicom and edited /etc/apt/sources.list with nano and
experienced no problems with it. I have not installed any additional
packages beyond base.
I have also re-run base config in minicom and re-did all steps including
manually editing sources.list - also no problems.
The only difference I can see between your setup and mine is that you were
using minicom from the beginning. I will retry a full base install using
minicom.

Regards,
Karsten
--