Re: Wide differential SCSI disk ..

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 05:54:20PM +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:

> I got a wide differential scsi2 disk at this weekend, and I thought, I
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> put it into the Indy.
>
> Does anyone know, if there any change to the disk work on it?

No, the Indy has no differential (HVD) controller!
Do not even try to connect it to the indy - if everything works
right, the SCSI controller should power down the interface when
it detects a differential drive, but if you have bad luck, the
controller and/or the drive could be damaged.

Or are you talking about one of the newer U2W-LVD drives
(low-voltage-differential), which automatically switch
to single-ended mode? In that case a wide->narrow adapter
should work.

HTH,
Karsten
--
Gemaess Par. 28 Abs. 3 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der
Nutzung und der Weitergabe meiner Daten zum Zwecke der Werbung sowie