Re: Debian woody support for Origin 200

Daniel Robert Franklin wrote:
[snip]
> I've got an Origin 2000 (2xR10000) which I'd be happy to share with the
> Debian project for testing.

Does the Linux kernel run on it (with a 32bit userland)?

> However, I am having some troubles building the
> cross-toolchain. What I did was as follows:
>
> apt-get install toolchain-source
>
> then build binutils 2.12.90.0.1 with linux-mips64 as the target. This seems
> to be happy, and it installs OK. Now I am trying to build gcc 3.0.4 with
> linux-mips64 as the target (and linux-i386 as the host)... but it bombs out
> with
>
> /usr/mips64-linux/bin/ld: cannot open crti.o: No such file or directory

crti.o is part of glibc. glibc does not yet support mips64-linux.

> Any ideas as to what I've forgotten to do? I don't know enough about the
> gory details of compiler internals to figure this out :-)

If you want to help developing glibc support for mips64-linux
you may try the patch at
http://www.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/homes/ths/linux-mips/glibc/
against a recent glibc CVS. It allowed me to compile a static glibc,
but I would be really surprised if it doesn't crash in the very
first cycles. :-)

Thiemo