Re: Debian woody support for Origin 200

> > does the woody version include support for the Origin 200 ? it uses 2 x
> > MIPS R10k or 20k processors and I don't seem to find any confirmation on
> > support for these architectures except that O2's with the same processors
> > are NOT supported
>
> The O200 is basically supported with a 64Bit Kernel - Its still a bit
> experimental. The userspace is like debian-sparc 32bit which means
> you can run the debian-mips userspace. There is no installer or
> kernel image as none of the debian people up to now seems
> to have access to an O200.
>
> Check out the kernel source from cvs at oss.sgi.com (See Mips FAQ)
> and build a cross toolchain (Mips FAQ) compile your kernel and
> try to boot the debian base via nfs/dhcp root.

Hi,

I've got an Origin 2000 (2xR10000) which I'd be happy to share with the
Debian project for testing. However, I am having some troubles building the
cross-toolchain. What I did was as follows:

apt-get install toolchain-source

then build binutils 2.12.90.0.1 with linux-mips64 as the target. This seems
to be happy, and it installs OK. Now I am trying to build gcc 3.0.4 with
linux-mips64 as the target (and linux-i386 as the host)... but it bombs out
with

/usr/mips64-linux/bin/ld: cannot open crti.o: No such file or directory

Any ideas as to what I've forgotten to do? I don't know enough about the
gory details of compiler internals to figure this out :-)

- Daniel