Re: No script to make CDs bootable for mips ...

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 10:47:57PM +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> Hi ..
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 10:26:43AM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> >On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 06:21:17PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> >> ... to quote what the debian-cd makefile just told me.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have patches to fix this, or is mips not bootable from CD?
> >>
> >> If the latter, then I suppose boot-mips just needs to be "exit 0"
> >Currently we dont have a way to boot from CD for "mips" and "mipsel".
>
> The problem ist the broken SCSI driver, that you are not able to run two
> scsi drive at one bus, isn't it?

This is fixed - Was a bug / implementation issue in the Scatter/Gather
of the scsi driver - The SGI DMA Hardware is more intelligent than
the normal DMA controller which the original author tried to use
by "hacking" stuff into the wd33 framework which was some kind of
incomplete. I just disabled the scatter gather which means a slight
increase of interrupts but no real performance decrease.

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium