Re: No script to make CDs bootable for mips ...

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 06:10:31AM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:

> > >Currently we dont have a way to boot from CD for "mips" and "mipsel".
> >
> > The problem ist the broken SCSI driver, that you are not able to run two
> > scsi drive at one bus, isn't it?
>
> IIRC Flo told me that the driver problem on the Indy has been resolved.
> The reason we cannot provide bootable CDs is really that we have no
> bootloader able to boot from an ISO9660-CD. Neither the Indy nor the
> DECstation firmware can do that.
The IRIX CDs aren't ISO9660 so I doubt the Indy Prom can in any way
handle this. Someone with some free time could easily try to build a CD
with a SGI volume header containing arcboot and an ext2 filesystem. This
would give as bootable Installation-CDs.
 -- Guido