Re: No script to make CDs bootable for mips ...

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 10:47:57PM +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> >On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 06:21:17PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> >> ... to quote what the debian-cd makefile just told me.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have patches to fix this, or is mips not bootable from CD?
> >>
> >> If the latter, then I suppose boot-mips just needs to be "exit 0"
> >Currently we dont have a way to boot from CD for "mips" and "mipsel".
>
> The problem ist the broken SCSI driver, that you are not able to run two
> scsi drive at one bus, isn't it?

IIRC Flo told me that the driver problem on the Indy has been resolved.
The reason we cannot provide bootable CDs is really that we have no
bootloader able to boot from an ISO9660-CD. Neither the Indy nor the
DECstation firmware can do that.

Regards,
Karsten
--