Re: compiling - which gcc use? atexit problems :(

Hi guys

 I would like to know how to setup crosscompiler for Indy too.
</flame protection on>
on Slackware
</flame protection off>

I guess my dual Athlon XP 1600+ will compile a bit faster than my Indy :)

--
Dominik Behr

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:45:23 +0200
Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 05:46:08PM +0200, Martin aus Mainz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i try to build a gcc and glib from scratch for a SGI Indy R4600 IP22. I tried a lot of combination.
> [SNIP]
> > Does anyone know, which compiler, binutils, glibc, etc I need on the base system and
> > which compiler, binutils, glibc, etc (and patches for this) I need to build a base system for a SGI Indy R4600?
>
> I have never crosscompiled for an Indy, but what is your aim? If you just
> would like to have a working Linux/MIPS on your Indy: just install Debian
> on it :-). We have a working installer ("boot-floppies") for the Indy:
> ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-mips/current/
>
> Debian/MIPS is self-hosted, this means, all further development is done
> natively on Indy/Indigo2, no need for crosscompiling.
>
> For more information, please see the Debian/MIPS port page at
> http://www.de.debian.org/ports/mips/
>
> HTH,
> Karsten

<snip>