Re: compiling - which gcc use? atexit problems :(

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 05:46:08PM +0200, Martin aus Mainz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i try to build a gcc and glib from scratch for a SGI Indy R4600 IP22. I tried a lot of combination.
[SNIP]
> Does anyone know, which compiler, binutils, glibc, etc I need on the base system and
> which compiler, binutils, glibc, etc (and patches for this) I need to build a base system for a SGI Indy R4600?

I have never crosscompiled for an Indy, but what is your aim? If you just
would like to have a working Linux/MIPS on your Indy: just install Debian
on it :-). We have a working installer ("boot-floppies") for the Indy:
ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-mips/current/

Debian/MIPS is self-hosted, this means, all further development is done
natively on Indy/Indigo2, no need for crosscompiling.

For more information, please see the Debian/MIPS port page at
http://www.de.debian.org/ports/mips/

HTH,
Karsten

P.S.: A real name would be nice...