Re: indigo2 installation

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 11:20:45AM -0500, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:02:47PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> >
> > Also - What CPU has that Indigo2 ? Only R4k variants are supported ...
> >

> It is a R4?00.  4400, I think.  In any case, the installer now happily
> boots on it.  However, I've hit another snag:  The disk in the machine
> does not have an SGI disklabel.  fdisk apparently can't create it.  Do I
> need to create this disklabel under IRIX? (I do hope not!)  It appears
> that the installation cannot continue without an SGI disklabel.

fdisk can create a disklabel - Not as easy as it could be - Create a dos
disk label (o) - Switch to expert mode (x) and create an sgi disklabel
(g) - Then return to main menu (r?)

Done - Probably you need to write the dos disklabel and restart fdisk.
Dunno.

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium