Re: all broken

Hi!

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Martin Schulze wrote:

> > And finaly when I got into installing Debian on Indy and when I tried to
> > "Install the Base System" from net I got error message:
> > "Malformed release file
> > http://http.us.debian.org:80/debian/dists/woody/Release";
> >
> > What's wrong with that?
>
> *sigh*  That's a common problem...
>
> On debian-boot somebody came up with a solution, however our last try
> on sunday (ia32, though) it didn't work either.  I don't know the
> reason for this.  Currently I don't have an URL for the "fix" handy,
> but you should be able to find it in this months archive of debian-boot
> or in the one from December last year.

Thanks for quick fixes of broken links. Never mind that other problem, I
got it working on second try and I have have Debian running on Indy. I am
so happy! ;)

What I did diffrently on second time was that I partioned another SCSI
disk that I have in box, I have them two and first time I deciced to try
to install Linux on first disk only.

I don't know if it matters, but I have tried to install also NetBSD on
that very same box, that there were some BSD disklabels left on that other
disk, and now that remember it hard, it somehow confused the installation
routine and it asked if I would like use whole /dev/sdb is as swap partion
and I guess I said OK. Next time when I tried installation I partioned
another disk also and installer asked me to choose swap between /dev/sda2
and /dev/sdb2 correctly.

This time the weren't any "Malformated release files", but it said
something like "Packages.tgz is corrupted", first I though it would mean
this time it would fail again, but installation went OK after that.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Petri

(Please, keep me in cc:)