Re: success installing debian-mips (r4k-ip22)

Hi Flo,
On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:03:26PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
[..snip..]
> The installer asks for making the disk bootable which it can by putting
> the linux kernel into the volume header. Then it tells you to set some
> prom vars on reboot. After that it jumps back to the "main" menu but
> the cursor is still on top of "Make bootable from disk" thus pressing
> enter like everywhere in the installer leads to go through the above
> steps again.
I noticed that too. I wanted to get that fixed the next time I have a
look at bootfloppies (whenever that will be)...

> Pressing return on the "Reboot the system" also does not work. I guess
> this is a Kernel issue but probably Guido knows more - Just pressing
> reset in that case leads to "Unclean shutdown" with resulting fsck. Just
> unmounting the /target drives and telling the user to press the reset
> button would be a good alternative.
"Reboot the system" worked for me, that's why I never cared that much
about the above problem.
Could you please submit this as a bug against boot-floppies, just to
make sure it will not be overlooked before releasing woody?

> On initial reboot the "tzconfig" execution fails with a "segfault". This
> might be due to the "R4600" cpu i have thus i dont care much.
Didn't notice that one on R4000 & R5000, so it might actually be a R4600
problem.
 -- Guido