Re: Debian install On Indy + Indigo and Java Station

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 12:25:26PM +0000, Peter Maydell wrote:
[..snip..]
> You can find the SGI hardware documentation for the newport at
> http://ftp.stenstad.net/pub/mipslinux/docs/indy/
I have that docs, thanks. I was more interested in how Irix handles these
things, since the documentation is incomplete and incorrect in some
places.
> (it's also on oss.sgi.com somewhere but I found the official
> SGI server intolerably slow.) I think this ought to be sufficient
> to get 24 bit graphics on the newport working (assuming you have
> a 24-bit newport and not the 8-bit only one, obviously :->).
The newport driver already supoprts 24bpp. I'll need to merge a few more
details into xfree86 cvs but it's basically working.
Regards,
 -- Guido