Re: Tar'ed Base System?

> The bootfloppies make configuring the debian base-system kind of fool
> proof in contrast to a tar'ed basesystem which may be hard to set up
> correctly. And nobody wants to run nfs-root any longer than
> absolutely necessary for performance reasons anyway.
>  -- Guido

Considering the price of drive sleds for SGI systems, NFS root will
probably be the way to go for me for quite a while. Does anyone have
experience with IRIX and Linux on the same drive?
Is there a HOWTO or something on using the so-called "bootfloppies"?

- Michael

=====
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones."
-- Linus Torvalds in <1991Aug25.205708.9541@klaava.Helsinki.FI>
"Hurd will be out in a year (or two, or next month, who knows)..."
-- Linus Torvalds in <1991Oct5.054106.4647@klaava.Helsinki.FI>