Sound on SGI Indy?

did anyone get sound to run on a Indy?
As far as i've read, alsa does contain drivers which should play sound
correctly.

So i checked out current cvs kernel, compiled it, compiled alsa and
tried to load the modules - and got a kernel oops.

Can someone point me to some recent information about sound on sgi indy?

Greetings,
Erich

P.S.
I've currently not subscribed the SGI Mips list, only the debian mips
list - so please do not reply to the list only. Thanks.
Please do not crosspost replys to both lists. Thanks.