Re: XFree86 problems on an Indy

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 09:14:00PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 09:04:38PM +0200, Manuel Estrada Sainz wrote:
> >  Also, is there some TODO for the debian-mips port or something? When I get
> >  all this finaly working I may be able to do something useful.
>
> A good sgi bootloader :)

 How about porting grub?

 The hardest part would be porting the "assembler written", "x86 bios dependant"
 stage1, but that shoudn't be needed as the PROM can load ELF binaries
 directly.

 Also there is already some abstraction to allow the grub to run within linux
 as well as on bare hardware.

 What kind of services does the PROM give to the binaries it runs directly?

 We would need at least access to the scsi disks and/or to the network
 interfaces.

 Well, I am no saying the this is a piece of cake, but it may be doable and we
 would benefit from the work of the x86 guys :)

 Just my .2 cent

 	ranty
--
--- Manuel Estrada Sainz <ranty@debian.org>