Re: I got me a mips :)

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 02:17:13PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > - Kernel (Broken Architectures like SGI_IP22, Broken headers etc)
>
> The indy is an IP22 machine it seems, and I have a 2.1.100 kernel that runs
> fine on it. I can put that online somewhere if you want.

Dump it into ftp.rfc822.org/incoming

> > - Development Toolchain (egcs 1.0.3a + binutils 2.8.1 are OLD)
>
> True, hopefully that's just a matter of compiling though (`just compiling' and
> egcs in one sentence.. :)

Nope :) - current binutils are just broken concerning mips(el) and gcc doesnt
even compile on mips

> Aie, that sucks. Do you know how that is coming along? I know that we had to
> wait for long months for that to be done for ultrasparc..

aj@suse.de/com ? is working on glibc 2.2. for mips which he says is already
completely working (Without symbol versioning as binutils dont support it).

Some polish guy which i have to search the email address from is working
on the binutils symbol versioning - He has published some patches
which he says should add basic support for symbol versioning for mips.
Nobody has yet confirmed nor have those been integrated into mainstream.

> XFree 3 might still be a better thing to start with, XFree4 doesn't have the
> same number of drivers of architecture support.

I tried already building the xfree3 packages (with some patches i may
send you) but it has problems building some libs so ther e is nothing
functional afterwards - I had better success with xfree4 ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-subject-2-change