Re: .deb packages for SGI/Linux

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 12:23:10PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 03:39:16PM +0000, Jason Mesker wrote:
> > >     Is there anywhere that I could score the .deb packages that were
> > > created thus far?  Off of oss.sgi.com I find a link but it's dead.  I
> > > would be willing to host an ftp for some .deb packages also.  If anyone
> > > has any of these packages please let me know, I will setup an ftp for
> > > them so maybe we can get this development going again.  Also if anybody
> > > is interested in useing my Indy to develop on please let me know also,
> > > I have no problem with giving out shells to people that want to work on
> > > the project.  Thanks.
> >
> > There is already an apt-gettable area of ready packages at
> >
> > ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian/debian/
>
> Unfortunately apt-get doesn't work for me:
>
> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: msync
> E: Problem opening
> /var/state/apt/lists/ftp.rfc822.org_pub_local_debian_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-mipsel_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
> root %

Sorry - My fault - It seems there are broken debs ....

(root@source)/tmp# ar x bash_2.02.1-1.8_mips.deb
ar: bash_2.02.1-1.8_mips.deb: Malformed archive

Following files are broken and have been removed:

bash_2.02.1-1.8_mips.deb
libreadlineg2_2.1-13.6_mips.deb
libreadlineg2-dbg_2.1-13.6_mips.deb
libreadlineg2-dev_2.1-13.6_mips.deb

Now dpkg-scanpackages works again ...

There are currently no packages in contrib/binary-mips and
non-free/binary-mips so probably you get an error there too.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566