Re: I got me a mips too!

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 08:59:04AM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
> I'm still looking for a gcc .deb though - I couldn't find one on your
> site (or anybody else's for that matter).  Hopefully, I can use
> 'alien' on a mipsel RPM to get something to start with.

The problem is that the only working gcc/c++ is egcs 1.0.3a where no
source deb currently exists - 2.95.2 is completely useless - There have
been reports of current gcc cvs to be functional except c++ which
is completely broken.

> I'm going to look at the glibc issues too.  I worked through all that
> stuff on ARM, so I'll see what I can do with MIPS.  Maybe we can use a
> CVS version of glibc (I think we did that for ARM).

glibc 2.2 is compilable from cvs - Aeh - Some people report it does - It
doesnt for me ... Forget glibc 2.1 ...

> Do you want me to file a bug against ftp.debian.org in order to get
> the debian-mips and debian-mipsel architectures added to sid?  As soon
> as we've got an up-to-date toolchain, I'd like to start uploading.

I did that already some weeks ago.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-subject-2-change