Re: I got me a mips too!

Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 12:12:22PM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've appropriated a mipsel machine (Cobalt Qube2) here at work
> > (Transvirtual) on which I'm going to try to get debian-mips running
> > and help out with the port.
> >
> > I just thought I'd mention it...
>
> Afaik the Qube2 is "mipsel" means - Little Endian ...

For sure.  Yesterday, I managed to get Debian installed in a chroot
environment, and I can ssh into it.  Yay.  Thanks a lot for all the
work you've done!

I'm still looking for a gcc .deb though - I couldn't find one on your
site (or anybody else's for that matter).  Hopefully, I can use
'alien' on a mipsel RPM to get something to start with.

I'm going to look at the glibc issues too.  I worked through all that
stuff on ARM, so I'll see what I can do with MIPS.  Maybe we can use a
CVS version of glibc (I think we did that for ARM).

I'm doing some embedded mips stuff at work, and having an up-to-date
native compile environment for mips is going to be invaluable to me.

Do you want me to file a bug against ftp.debian.org in order to get
the debian-mips and debian-mipsel architectures added to sid?  As soon
as we've got an up-to-date toolchain, I'd like to start uploading.

Cheers,

 - Jim