Re: New Binutils (source and mipsel debs)

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 04:49:51AM +0100, H.Heinold wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have an indy too. I compiled sucessfully binutils and gcc 2.96 from
> last's week snapshop(without objc, because it didn't compile right). But
> the problem is to get the glibc2.1.2 running. andresas jaeger and Maciej
> W. Rozycki are working on it.

I have more news on the glibc 2.1 issue.

The Problem is that the MIPS ABI does say that a specific section
in the Dynamic Linker must be read only, which is different
to all? other architectures. The Dynamic linker
currently does use this space as a temporary buffer on other
Architectures - This means a "Segmentation Fault" on Linux/Mips.

Andreas Jaeger is going to do the work for glibc 2.2 which seems
not to be trivial ... Probably this work can be backported to 2.1.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is