Re: Interest in getting more information how active this effort is.

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 05:55:32PM -0600, David Welton wrote:

> been release as 'stable').  Our mips port is in its early stages, but
> moving along quickly due to the efforts of a few dedicated
> volunteers:-)

Which are even not Debian developers *hint hint* ...

> A donation of equipment would certainly be appreciated.  Debian's MIPS
> effort is just getting under way, and there aren't a lot of people

> working on it, so it would be nice to have some boxes publicly
> available for developers who do not have MIPS boxes of their own.

There is already a Decstation for the "mipsel" port available
(joey@infodrom.north.de) and a second (flo@rfc822.org). A Big Endian
mips machine would be nice (SGI etc) ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is