Re: New mips packages on ftp.rfc822.org

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 07:33:32AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> A. Wrasman wrote:
> > I just got my Indy installed with Hard Hat.
> >
> > I've gotten most of the debs from rfc822 installed.
> >

> > How can I help more? I assume we need to get more of the packages from base working.
>
> Try to get the important and standard packages from base, utils and
> devel to compile.
>
> There are still some nitpicks like strace, ld.so, gdb etc.  Florian
> knows more...

I have a working version of gdb which is 4.17 (From SGI CVS) - If someones
interested it would be nice to port it to 4.18 which is the current
one and feed it upstream and into the package ...

With this working gdb it should be possible to start debugging strace
which compiles but doesnt run. Ld.so is a differnet thing. I am not
sure if this is a glibc or binutils bug. I am in contact with
the Author of the binutils patches for symbol versioning who
also did some glibc patches ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is