Re: mips distributions

Jason Mesker wrote:
> Is there a first stage debian port that I can install?  I looked all
  over the ftp with no luck.  All I have been able to find is the
  redhat

We're at the very first stage of the port.  Please take a look at
the current ports page to get its status:

http://www.infodrom.north.de/Debian/ports/mips/

You'll also find installation instructions there.

As Florian pointed out already there are no official binary-mips
or binary-mipsel packages yet.  They should appear in November,
I guess.  At the moment all we have is a bunch of hacked packages
at ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian/binary-mipsel/

> mips and debian packages.  I would like to setup this SGI and start
  playing around with it but I would *MUCH* rather install a debian
  distribution

This should be possible if you want to play, the distribution does
not yet exist, the port was just "born". :-)

Regards,

	Joey