Debian MIPS machines

Hi,

last weekend Florian and I managed to finally get two DECstation
online running a base of HardHat with Debian installed over.  Both
machines are booting through bootp+tftp and mount the root filesystem
via NFS.

We're now trying to (re-)build the base system in order to get a clean
base system that should be used as basis for further installations.

Florian is said to have a glibc and netbase compiled which is a major
step.  All packages that we currently compile will be made online at
ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian/binary-mipsel/ .

These files may need to be removed as soon as we switch to a different
glibc.  Please be warned that these are only prelimnary packages since
they weren't built on a clean Debian system and we had to omit several
details (no hwclock, no sgml stuff etc.) in order to get the programs
work so we can continue compilation.

I've taken the opportunity to create a prelimnary ports page that
should be included at http://www.debian.org/ports/(mips|mipsel)/ when
extended.  URL: http://www.infodrom.north.de/Debian/ports/mips/

Regards,

	Joey