Re: egcs + binutils + glibc

On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 09:37:18PM +0200, Ulf Carlsson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The *real* development of Debian/MIPS may begin now.  I have managed to setup a
> nice cross compiling environment using the latest versions of egcs, binutils and
> glibc, Ralf has released MIPS patches for.
>
> I have never managed to build all this before, so this is really some progress.
> There were still problems with signal 11 during linking, even though I was using
> Ralf's patches for binutils.  I had to smash some bugs on my own in binutils
> before I could make it build correctly. :-)
>
> I'll try to put together some cross compiling debs.  I'm unfortunately on modem,
> so don't expect me to upload all that.  The current set of source debs I have is
> from slink, so that's what I'm going to use.  I know that those aren't up to
> date, but I don't have much choice ATM.

I started with the decstationroot to compile packages (Dirty hack
with manually extracting debhelper/debmake etc, compiling dpkg manually,
mkdir -p /var/lib/dpkg/info /var/lib/dpkg/updated ;
touch /var/lib/dpkg/available)

I got some packages ready like sysvinit, ncurses from base.

Currently i have the problem to get dpkg build as a correct package
as it required libtool and source dependencie for libtool is tetex-bin :(

I am off now in Berlin for the Wizard of OS but afterwards ill try
again ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)