Re: Cobalt

john adams wrote:
| I have been watching the progress of the Corel netwinder and am aware
| of the debian ARM porting however my current interest is in the MIPS
| based [1]Cobalt products.

| I am thinking that it would be nice to get a debian port to this and
| not too difficult as the machine does not have a screen keyboard or
| mouse.

| I was the first to import the Cobalt products into the UK and my
| perception of them is like this.

| GNU/Linux distributions usually come on a silver bit of plastic with a
| hole in. You have to to work to install these distributions.

| The Cobalt is just another distribution but in a Blue bit of plastic.
| The advantage is that it just needs turning on to work.

| It may be nice for debian to use the blue plastic rather than the
| silver plastic.

| What do you think.

I like your interpretation of silver and blue plastic media. :)

I also would love to see a Cobalt-Qube with Debian GNU/Linux
installed.  I'm sure the efforts of the MIPS port will address
this.

Regards,

	Joey

PS: Please tell your Netscape not to send HTML-mail and no
vcards.

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi