glibc2.1 work (mips)

I have glibc 2.1 (-108) _almost_ compiled on a my indy (R4000/4600).
The one place where i'm getting hung up is that for mips,
ELF_MACHINE_JMP_SLOT never gets defined.  that's normally defined akin to
#define R_SPARC_JMP_SLOT 21 /* Create PLT entry */

As i understand it, all MIPS code is roughly PIC.  Alas, that makes it
pretty uncommon.  I _think_ that i can just ifdef/endif the darn things.
replacing them with somthing that allows glibc to use the lazy
relocation of the mips cpu.  (i think that's automatic, so we use a
NOP.)  the effected files are elf/rtld.c and elf/dl-runtime.c.

I'd be more than happy to work on this, but i'm not a libc guru or a
mips guru for that matter.  But, i'd be happy to provide machines/accts
for working on this.

I guess i can use the redhat glibc2.0.6 stuff, but... seems like potato
is going to be 2.1.x based.

thanks
job