Cobalt

I have been watching the progress of the Corel netwinder and am aware of the debian ARM porting however my current interest is in the MIPS based Cobalt products.

I am thinking that it would be nice to get a debian port to this and not too difficult as the machine does not have a screen keyboard or mouse.

I was the first to import the Cobalt products into the UK and my perception of them is like this.

GNU/Linux distributions usually come on a silver bit of plastic with a hole in. You have to to work to install these distributions.

The Cobalt is just another distribution but in a Blue bit of plastic. The advantage is that it just needs turning on to work.

It may be nice for debian to use the blue plastic rather than the silver plastic.

What do you think.

begin:vcard
n:Adams;John
tel;fax:0161 225 2848