Re: Looking to find a sponsor

Hi Jordan,

(I'm CC:ing you this time in case you're not subscribed to the list.)

[...]
The package is a Python app called CraftServerSetup that allows the user to  create and manage game servers for the popular video game Minecraft.

CraftServerSetup seems to be non-free software. If so, it cannot be included in Debian. See the Debian Free Software Guidelines [1].

As a result of the app's choice in programming language, it does not need any building or compiling at all (so I have it as a binary deb file right from the start).

You must have a source package for inclusion in Debian [2], regardless of the app's build system.

If you're packaging a Python app, I suggest you learn from existing Python packages in the Python packaging team [3].

On the "New Packager's Guide" page I saw something about requesting sponsors with a certain skillset..?

For that, I don't care very much. Just someone who is willing to upload the deb files to apt.
It's indeed just a suggestion. You may have more luck finding a sponsor who's familiar with Python packaging, as the sponsor has to review your package and feel comfortable uploading it.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianFreeSoftwareGuidelines
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/Packaging/Intro#What_is_a_.22package.22.3F
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonTeam

--
Regards,
Robin

GPG: B26C 2ED3 7324 6221 9C3D 1DFE 293A 3C91 D188 369C