Re: Looking to find a sponsor

Jordan,

Welcome to Debian packaging!

There are a set of instructions that will be helpful as you work on your first package:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/

Even though you are packaging a Python app, there are still a number of additional things needed to turn it into a proper Debian package.  For example, you need a debian/copyright file, a debian/control file, and a debian/rules file among other things.

One of the packages I maintain is Electrum, which is also a Python app.  You can get some sense of how to do it by looking at my packaging repository on Salsa (Debian’s GitLab server):

https://salsa.debian.org/cryptocoin-team/electrum/-/tree/master/debian

You might also want to subscribe to the Debian Python mailing list:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/

Soren

--

Soren Stoutner