Re: lintian errors packaging Barry's Emacs

On 27/12/2022 19:06, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 10:57:51AM -0700, Soren Stoutner wrote:
Barry,

Figuring out how to package for Debian has a stiff learning curve (speaking as someone
who is going through the process myself).

I have given up a number of times in the past - but having this mentor list is most valuable!

I think the docs are better then a few years ago when I last tried to create a .deb.

There are a couple of website that collect links to information that might be useful to you.

I'd also add Raphael Hertzog's Debian handbook for most things Debian

debian-handbook is the Debian package to install, though you can
also buy a printed version. It's a gold mine of generally useful
information structured as a case study of an imaginary factory setup but
with good information on specfics.

Soren, Andrew,

Thanks for the reading materials!

If you ever need to package RPMs I can return the favor.

Barry