Re: Sending gpg keys to keyserver

Hi All,

On 12/02/2021 20:08, Ross Gammon wrote:
> Thanks for the tips everyone - it wasn't the silver bullet I was after,
> but that has given me some clues to investigate.

Just a quick update on this.

$ gpg --refresh-keys
This gave me an error saying that Tor was not running. Sorry - I did not
capture the exact output from the command.

I found that dirmngr.conf had a "use-tor" item. After commenting this
setting out and rebooting:

$ gpg --refresh-keys
gpg: refreshing <lots of> keys from hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: keyserver refresh failed: General error

This was a much shorter error message, not complaining about Tor. But
still not very helpful :-)

So I decided to try the original command as something had changed:
$ gpg -vvv --keyserver keyring.debian.org --send-key 'fingerprint'
gpg: using character set 'utf-8'
gpg: sending key <my-key> to hkps://keyring.debian.org

That seemed to work! Probably I should be using Tor for obvious reasons.
I will look into that another day.

--
Regards,

Ross Gammon
FBEE 0190 904F 1EA0 BA6A  300E 53FE 7BBD A689 10FC