Your message dated Thu, 13 May 2021 23:58:11 +0200 with message-id <[🔎] CALF6qJm6nCc6Ct1Rv2x7ZWUxbrk__5saZih=sQpjXdTKTwLPXw@mail.gmail.com> and subject line Re: [Fwd: Bug#988474: RFS: freefem++/3.61.1+dfsg1-5.2 [NMU] [RC] -- Provides the binaries of the FreeFem++ FE suite] has caused the Debian Bug report #988474, regarding RFS: freefem++/3.61.1+dfsg1-5.2 [NMU] [RC] -- Provides the binaries of the FreeFem++ FE suite to be marked as done. This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with. If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith. (NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact email@example.com immediately.) -- 988474: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=988474 Debian Bug Tracking System Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: submit <email@example.com>
- Subject: RFS: freefem++/3.61.1+dfsg1-5.2 [NMU] [RC] -- Provides the binaries of the FreeFem++ FE suite
- From: François Mazen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 18:26:17 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>Package: sponsorship-requests Severity: important Dear mentors, I am looking for a sponsor for my package "freefem++": * Package name : freefem++ Version : 3.61.1+dfsg1-5.2 Upstream Author : [fill in name and email of upstream] * URL : http://www.freefem.org/ff++/ * License : LGPL-2.1, BSD-3-clause, GPL-2 * Vcs : https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/freefempp Section : science It builds those binary packages: freefem++ - Provides the binaries of the FreeFem++ FE suite libfreefem++ - Provides the shared libraries of the FreeFem++ FE suite libfreefem++-dev - Provides the development files of the FreeFem++ FE suite freefem++-doc - Provides the documentation of the FreeFem++ FE suite To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL: https://mentors.debian.net/package/freefem++/ Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command: dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/freefem++/freefem++_3.61.1+dfsg1-5.2.dsc Changes since the last upload: freefem++ (3.61.1+dfsg1-5.2) unstable; urgency=high . * Non-maintainer upload. * Fix FTBFS with GCC-10 (Closes: #957233) Regards, -- Francois Mazen
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: François Mazen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, debian-science <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: Bug#988474: RFS: freefem++/3.61.1+dfsg1-5.2 [NMU] [RC] -- Provides the binaries of the FreeFem++ FE suite]
- From: Anton Gladky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 23:58:11 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] CALF6qJm6nCc6Ct1Rv2x7ZWUxbrk__5saZih=sQpjXdTKTwLPXw@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- References: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <[🔎] CALF6qJnq4VpAHCqfXtkaZgBVtcXZw9fi8J_RLmj9MvZ5Mx8iFw@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>You are right. piparts was trying to install the current versionin unstable to test the migration. But it failed, because versionin unstalbe is uninstallable.I have uploaded the package, but pay attention, i have changedthe version number to freefem++_3.61.1+dfsg1-6.When the package is successfully built on all relevant platforms,you can ask the release team to unblock it. But it will unlikely happendue to release policy.Anyway, we will have also an opportunity to put freefem++ insto bullseye-backports,but you can start to work on a newer version at least on salsa.Regards
AntonAm Do., 13. Mai 2021 um 23:16 Uhr schrieb François Mazen <email@example.com>:Hello Anton,
thanks for your time testing my upload!
Apparently, piuparts tries to install the package 3.61.1+dfsg1-5.1
instead of 3.61.1+dfsg1-5.2, why?
In the old package 3.61.1+dfsg1-5.1, the control file contains
libmumps-seq-5.3.1 as libfreefem++ dependency which does not exist
anymore in sid. The control file of the build package (3.61.1+dfsg1-
5.2) indicates libmumps-seq-5.3, which exists in sid.
The problem is not new  and it appears since the version 5.3.4 of
mumps. In the mumps changelog , we can read:
> MUMPS is now ABI-compatible in the minor version.
> Provide new packages as libmumps-5.3, etc instead of libmumps-5.3.4
I think that rebuilding the package and using puipart with the
3.61.1+dfsg1-5.2 should be fine.
Let me know if I'm missing something.
Le jeudi 13 mai 2021 à 22:31 +0200, Anton Gladky a écrit :
> Your upload is fine. It fixes the FTBFS. But piuparts
> identified some problems with the installation of libfreefem++-dev
> Could you please verify whether the problem really exists or not?
>  https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/freefempp/-/jobs/1640984
> Am Do., 13. Mai 2021 um 19:27 Uhr schrieb François Mazen <
> > Dear Science Team,
> > In case of a DD in this list is interested: I'm forwarding my
> > Request
> > For Sponsor about RC bug that I've just fixed in the freefem++
> > package.
> > It should prevent the removal of the package in the next release.
> > Then, I volunteer to maintain this package as it need to be updated
> > with the new upstream version.
> > Best Regards,
> > François
--- End Message ---