Re: Package ghostwriter E source-is-missing

On 2021-01-24 12:05 +0100, passiongnulinux@gmail.com wrote:
> hello Robin,
>
> Thanks for this answer, I suddenly have to remove the "3rdparty" folder
> from the sources, because otherwise Lintian will give me other errors
> and look for dependencies from the Debian repositories. Am I good?

Oh, and I forgot to say; once you have worked out how much of the
3rdparty dir to get rid of (ideally all of it), the right way to
repack the upstream source is to use 'Files-Excluded:' in the copyright
file, indicate that it is repacked in the version numer, and modify
the watch file to do the renaming. Details are described here:
https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/Repacking

i.e don't just manually delete the dir and then call that file 'orig'
because it's not the original source tarball/git checkout (even though
it should be if the world did things properly, like wot we do :-)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/