Re: Package ghostwriter E source-is-missing

Hi seb,

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 6:54 PM <passiongnulinux@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure how to resolve the error indicated by Lintian on the
> Ghostwriter package (https://mentors.debian.net/package/ghostwriter/).
>
> > ghostwriter source
> >
> >     E source-is-missing
> >         debian / missing-sources / 3rdparty / MathJax / bin / a11y /
> > assistive-mml.js line length is 6982 characters (> 512)
> [...]
>
> But I have included what was needed in debian / missing-sources ".

You seem to have included minified Javascript code, not the original
code in the preferred form for making modifications. These files are
already the output of a build process. They are of little value to
someone who would like to modify the source code.

> So what should I do?

Include the source code in its original form.

However, the "3rdparty" directory makes me think that these files are
actually dependencies that should be packaged separately. For example,
the MathJax code is perhaps what's already in the package
libjs-mathjax (judging from the name alone), in which case you should
depend on and use that instead.

Regards,
Robin