Re: Verify the library transition

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 11:50 AM Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 03:27:40PM -0400, Tong Sun wrote:
> [skipped as already answered in private]

Strange, I didn't get anything in private (that's why I'm bumping it),
just searched everywhere again just now and got nothing.

Would you resend that part please?

> > One reason I can think of is that, my latest libgit2 is called
> > libgit2-1.0 while the *old* one is called libgit2-28, which is in fact
> > libgit2 v0.28.5+dfsg.1-1. Which one would debuild pick?
> debuild doesn't pick anything as it doesn't install build-deps.
>
> > - some of them about built with libgit2-glib-1.0-0
> > - but some others are built with libgit2-28 (>= 0.28.1)
> > - and some I just literally don't know, e.g., libgit2-dev (>> 0.28~)
> No inconsistency here.
>
> > I.e., I still haven't figured out how to control the lib a package
> > should links to.
> You don't need to "control" it. The build process uses the files from the
> -dev package and usually there is only on version of that installed.
>
> > PS, here are all libgit2 related packages installed in my system, and
> > their versions:
> >
> > libgit2-1.0:amd64_1.0.0+dfsg.1-1
> > libgit2-28:amd64_0.28.5+dfsg.1-1
> > libgit2-build-deps_1.0.0+dfsg.1-1
> > libgit2-dev:amd64_0.28.5+dfsg.1-1
> > libgit2-glib-1.0-0:amd64_0.28.0.1-2
> > libgit2-glib-1.0-dev:amd64_0.28.0.1-2
> So you installed packages from sid and built against them. This cannot
> test packages from experimental.

So, overall, the problem was that I was testing packages from
experimental in sid, while what I should do is test them in
experimental instead, right?

Thanks I'll give it a try tonight.