Re: Debuild cant find upstream source for repackaged PPA

The old version number was for a "native package" - with no trailing dash and Debian package revision. When you added your suffix of -1, that implied a non-native package for which there should be an orig tarball and a Debian diff tarball.

Use + (to increase vs. version without) or ~ (to decrease vs. version without) as the delimiter for your version suffix, instead of -.

Hope this helps!

Ryan