Debuild cant find upstream source for repackaged PPA

So, I was looking at repackaging Yannubuntu/boot-repair for Sid because
when I first set up my debian dual-boot, I had to use to to actually
dual boot.  I followed the instructions in the wiki for repackaging
PPA's, and added a new changelog entry (as well as changing the package
to be a quilt instead of a native package: I tried both ways).  I
incremented the version to be 4ppa69-1 instead of 4ppa69, in case I
needed to make further changes.  However, when I tried to run debuild,
I got the attached text file as the output.

What is going on here? The upstream tarball clearly exists, but debuild
doesnt see it?
calum@CalumsDebianSupreme:~/package/boot-repair/boot-repair_4ppa69-1$ ls
boot-repair_4ppa69.orig.tar.gz  debian  docs  etc  po  usr
calum@CalumsDebianSupreme:~/package/boot-repair/boot-repair_4ppa69-1$ debuild
This package has a Debian revision number but there does not seem to be
an appropriate original tar file or .orig directory in the parent directory;
(expected one of boot-repair_4ppa69.orig.tar.gz, boot-repair_4ppa69.orig.tar.bz2,
boot-repair_4ppa69.orig.tar.lzma,  boot-repair_4ppa69.orig.tar.xz or boot-repair_4ppa69-1.orig)
continue anyway? (y/n) y
 dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source package boot-repair
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source version 4ppa69-1
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source distribution UNRELEASED
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source changed by Calum McConnell <calumlikesapplepie@gmail.com>
 dpkg-source --before-build .
dpkg-buildpackage: info: host architecture amd64
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh clean
   dh_clean
 dpkg-source -b .
dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no upstream tarball found at ../boot-repair_4ppa69.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz}
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b . subprocess returned exit status 25
debuild: fatal error at line 1182:
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui failed