Re: package one package from a git repo with multiple packages

On 3/9/20 9:30 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 08:58:26PM +0100, Ross Gammon wrote:
If you just want to package non-session-manager, why not:
1. Download the tarball from here:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/non/non.git/tag/?id=non-session-manager-v1.2.0
(or the github mirror - whichever is best)
That's just a snapshot of the git repo and so it contains all of the
source.

quoting upstream developer:

"It doesn't matter what the repo contains. Anyone who is telling you it does it lying out of prejudice or ignorance. Look into git sparse checkouts if it's really an issue. But you can also just 'rm -rf timeline sequencer mixer" if the sight of those somehow offends thee. Or do what any sane person would do and just ignore it. People are just making excuses. I've already said that it's more effort than it's worth to keep everything in a separate repos. It wasn't a decision I made lightly. With separate repos, I have to package nonlib as a library (more work for me--nobody else will use that lib, so it doesn't help anyone) and then update all the repos every time I make a  change that's in a shared element. It's also a hassle for users who just want to build the whole thing... Now they have to checkout, count them, six repos, and do a separate build process on each, just so that a packager doesn't have to see the word 'timeline'... That's totally unreasonable."