Re: package one package from a git repo with multiple packages

On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 02:26:49PM +0100, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> On 3/9/20 2:11 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> > > You can build each project independently.
> > It doesn't matter.
> > If you are able to split this repo into separate source packages, do it,
> >
> That's probably the best option then. But what if upstream doesn't want to
> split it, how do I split it 'according to the Debian policy'?
>
> Which steps should I take?
You just need to create a source tarball that is able to build the project
you need. For that you'll need to find out which common files are also
needed.
You'll need to do it manually each time you need to upload a new version,
so I guess you'll want to create a script that helps with that.
There are no specific recommendations because this is almost never needed.

--
WBR, wRAR