Re: Help: Building asymptote on alpha

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 10:53, Hilmar Preuße <hille42@web.de> wrote:
Am 16.01.2020 um 17:24 teilte Matthew Fernandez mit:

Hi,

> This error appears to be from the BDW garbage collector [0]. Are you
> sure it works on Linux on Alpha? The docs refer to a missing file,
> README.alpha, and the source has exciting comments like “untested but
> hopefully should work on Linux/Alpha.” What’s going on here might be an
> mmap or sbrk failure. You could try stracing that step of the build to
> see what the last system call it makes is.
>
>   [0]: https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/blob/master/headers.c#L150-L151

(alpha-sid)root@debian-amd64-sid:~/asymptote-2.61/doc# strace ../asy
-dir ../base -config "" -render=0 -f pdf -noprc westnile.asy
/usr/bin/strace: test_ptrace_get_syscall_info: PTRACE_TRACEME: Function
not implemented
/usr/bin/strace: ptrace(PTRACE_TRACEME, ...): Function not implemented
+++ exited with 1 +++

Could be due to the fact that I'm in a qemu chroot, not a native alpha CPU.

Yes, x86-64 strace will not be able to trace an Alpha binary. You’ll need an Alpha strace if you want to go down this route, though that still may not work when your underlying kernel is x86-64.

Hilmar
--
sigfault
#206401 http://counter.li.org