Re: Help: Building asymptote on alpha

Am 16.01.2020 um 17:24 teilte Matthew Fernandez mit:

Hi,

> This error appears to be from the BDW garbage collector [0]. Are you
> sure it works on Linux on Alpha? The docs refer to a missing file,
> README.alpha, and the source has exciting comments like “untested but
> hopefully should work on Linux/Alpha.” What’s going on here might be an
> mmap or sbrk failure. You could try stracing that step of the build to
> see what the last system call it makes is.
>
>   [0]: https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/blob/master/headers.c#L150-L151

(alpha-sid)root@debian-amd64-sid:~/asymptote-2.61/doc# strace ../asy
-dir ../base -config "" -render=0 -f pdf -noprc westnile.asy
/usr/bin/strace: test_ptrace_get_syscall_info: PTRACE_TRACEME: Function
not implemented
/usr/bin/strace: ptrace(PTRACE_TRACEME, ...): Function not implemented
+++ exited with 1 +++

Could be due to the fact that I'm in a qemu chroot, not a native alpha CPU.

Hilmar
--
sigfault
#206401 http://counter.li.org