Re: The pristine-tar and upstream tarball

All fixed. thx.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 11:26 AM Tong Sun <suntong001@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
Hi,

After many readings, I'm still a bit confused about the pristine-tar
and upstream tarball.

So I've just prepared my salsa repo

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dbab/

and hope everything is good.

My understanding is that with gbp & pristine-tar branch, we can
produce the orig.tar.gz when building a source package from the
repository alone, right? Then How to do it? I tried:

$ gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan
gbp:info: Launching uscan...
gbp:info: package is up to date, nothing to do.

$ uscan --download | wc
      0       0       0

$ uscan --verbose --download
. . .
uscan info: Filename (filenamemangled) for downloaded file: dbab-1.3.3.tar.gz
uscan info: Newest version of dbab on remote site is 1.3.3, local
version is 1.3.3
uscan info:    => Package is up to date for from
      https://github.com/suntong/dbab/archive/1.3.3.tar.gz
uscan info: Scan finished

but still, no upstream tarball downloaded.

My other question is, there does seems to be some problem with my
pristine-tar branch:

$ gbp buildpackage
dh clean
   dh_auto_clean
        make -j1 clean
make[1]: Entering directory '/export/build/pkg/dbab/dbab'
rm -f assets/dbab-svr.8
make[1]: Leaving directory '/export/build/pkg/dbab/dbab'
   dh_clean
gbp:warning: Unknown compression type of - [*] give pristine-tar files
proper names, assuming gzip
gbp:info: Creating /export/build/pkg/dbab/build-area/dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz
gbp:error: Error creating dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz: Pristine-tar
couldn't checkout "dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz": fatal: Path
'dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz.delta' does not exist in
'refs/heads/pristine-tar'
pristine-tar: git show
refs/heads/pristine-tar:dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz.delta failed

Apparently my understanding of preparing the pristine-tar branch was
wrong (as well). So the second question is, how should I preparing the
pristine-tar branch?
I know it must be a FAQ but it appears that I just haven't found the
*correct* one.

Finally, the third question, is there anything else that is not
correct with my repo,
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dbab/?

Thanks a lot for helping.