Re: The pristine-tar and upstream tarball

repository alone, right? Then How to do it? I tried:

$ gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan
gbp:info: Launching uscan...
gbp:info: package is up to date, nothing to do.

$ uscan --download | wc
       0       0       0

$ uscan --verbose --download
. . .
uscan info: Filename (filenamemangled) for downloaded file: dbab-1.3.3.tar.gz
uscan info: Newest version of dbab on remote site is 1.3.3, local
version is 1.3.3
uscan info:    => Package is up to date for from
       https://github.com/suntong/dbab/archive/1.3.3.tar.gz
uscan info: Scan finished

but still, no upstream tarball downloaded.
If you are trying to download the upstream tarball from the
salsa repo, to you computer, the command is

$ gbp export-orig

The command you are using
$ gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan
checks the upstream for new version. But doesn't download
anything, since you already have the latest version.

My other question is, there does seems to be some problem with my
pristine-tar branch:

$ gbp buildpackage
dh clean
    dh_auto_clean
         make -j1 clean
make[1]: Entering directory '/export/build/pkg/dbab/dbab'
rm -f assets/dbab-svr.8
make[1]: Leaving directory '/export/build/pkg/dbab/dbab'
    dh_clean
gbp:warning: Unknown compression type of - [*] give pristine-tar files
proper names, assuming gzip
gbp:info: Creating /export/build/pkg/dbab/build-area/dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz
gbp:error: Error creating dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz: Pristine-tar
couldn't checkout "dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz": fatal: Path
'dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz.delta' does not exist in
'refs/heads/pristine-tar'
pristine-tar: git show
refs/heads/pristine-tar:dbab_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz.delta failed
I'm not sure I am of much help here, the only thing i noticed is that
the files in your pristine-tar repo is tar.xz not tar.gz
but i believe it should handle both types.

I made a repo earlier today using this guide.
https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging#Creating_new_repositories

It's at least a starting point.

Regards,
Håvard